1. Dutch loves ginger snaps and Ritz crackers
2. Expo's favorite treat is gummie bears
3. Tory preferred radishes from our neighbors garden
4. We have 3 dogs: Daphne (rescue), Dougie (rescue) and Sky (brought her home from a horse show...told everyone they ran out of ribbons and started handing out puppies. Nobody believed me)
5. In 2022, pumpkins starting growing on their own in the poo pile behind our barn. By the end of the season, the vine was over 80' long in every direction and we harvested 76 giant white pumpkins!
6. Our Christmas tree is usually 12'-14' feet tall. It fell over one year because our stand was too small.
7. Our home was built in the very early 1800's. We really do live "in a quiet little town, on a quiet little road, on top of a quiet little mountain" (opening line from Pony Parade)
8. In the Spring, Dutch's coat is so thick that it does no good to brush him. We have to pluck him!
9. When Ashley and Gabi were little, we always had at least 9 pets.
10. The most exotic pet to ever share space with us? Lightning, the African fat tailed Gecko! We still have him...he's really cool.
11. The horses lived in the garage until we could build their barn.